Thursday, April 7, 2011

Women's Retreat


There's a large picture of a bunch of women from our church hanging on my office wall. It was taken last year at our women's retreat and I absolutely love it. that's why you'll see it here and on our Women's Ministries Facebook page. The beauty of the trees flanked by the pristine blue of the lake and snow capped mountains in the background beckons me and I find myself wanting to be there again to breathe in the crisp air and drink in the wonder of God's creation. But I'm struck by another beauty in that photograph that stands out to me even more. It's the faces of the women gathered as one. These are my people. My peeps. The ones I get to do church with - do life with. We are friends. We are co-laborers and journey companions. We are shaping one another through our conversations and actions with each other. We have Christ in common and that bonds us in a sacred, mysterious way. And I feel great love and gratitude to God for these amazing women. And can't wait to go away for a weekend with them again. Soon!



Our next women's retreat is April 29-May 1. If you joined us last year, you know how wonderful it is to carve out time and space to get away with each other and with God. And if you've never come, or perhaps haven't come in awhile.....maybe this is the weekend for you to do so. We'll be talking about the heart change that God desires for us and works in us, and what happens as a result. You'll surely be inspired by the women who share their heart with you as they speak in the sessions and by the beauty of our gorgeous location on the banks of Lake Tahoe. We'll play, relax, eat, nap, learn, laugh, create, discover, eat, converse; did I say "eat"? The food is yummy, as are the incredible snacks. And gifts - who doesn't like gifts?



I hope you'll consider joining us, and being in the group picture we take this year - a snapshot of our "family" of women. Spaces are filling up fast - register soon after one of our services or in the office during the workweek. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment